‘Special delivery’ best describes our obstetrics program at Capital Medical Center. The arrival of a new family member is regarded with the level of thoughtful, compassionate care deserving of one of life’s most blessed events. Upon admittance, the hospital offers labor rooms in a home-like, relaxing environment. New mothers can labor, deliver, and recover in one of the birthing rooms designed to enhance the birth experience. Behind the scenes, advanced fetal and maternal monitoring equipment checks the condition of both mother and infant throughout the birth process, ensuring health and safety.
When Capital first introduced the concept of having an all-in-one birthing suite unit, the vision was a composite of what mothers said they wanted. That vision became a reality in October 1990. The private birthing suites have been so popular and well received that we again listened to our moms by expanding our services — more birthing suites and a larger nursery. In addition, we recently added window seats that provide a sleeping area for dad or a family member. Women’s Services is also equipped with its own operating room for caesarean section deliveries. Now the entire fourth floor is dedicated to Women’s Services.
We’d love to show you what our mothers and families appreciate:
- Staying in one place rather than moving from room to room through labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum care.
- Larger, private rooms to accommodate a spouse or support person overnight.
- The friendliness, attentiveness and skill of our nurses and physicians.
- A place for siblings so they can be part of the birthing process with a comfortable waiting room for families and special play area for children.
- The warm cozy atmosphere of home.
If you are looking for a physician who specializes in obstetrics, please click on the link to be directed to our medical staff directory.
Capital Medical Center collaborates with South Sound Women’s Center to offer prenatal classes and focus on many beneficial lessons: prenatal care, parenting, nutrition, breastfeeding and much more!
For more information, contact South Sound Women’s Center at (360) 705-1259.