Capital Medical Center is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees. Benefits are available for full-time employees scheduled to work 32+ hours per week and part-time employees scheduled to work 20-31 hours per week. Benefits include insurance, a generous holiday and time off program, retirement savings plan and more!
Medical & Prescription Drug Employees have a choice of three different health plans (2 PPO Plans and an Account Based Health Plan); each designed to provide competitive healthcare coverage to employees and eligible dependents. While each plan covers the same services, they differ by offering varied co-pays, out of pocket maximums and premium contributions, providing employees with choices that allow them to select the best plan to meet their family’s needs. Our medical plans also provide extensive prescription drug coverage, with options for local pharmacy fulfillment or more conveniently through mail order services that include online services.
The Capella Wellness Program provides employees with a broad range of informational materials about wellness and other resources to help them achieve and maintain their health. Employees enrolled in a Capella medical option may earn incentives in the form of medical premium discounts for being tobacco-free and for wellness activities such as biometric screenings and completion of a Personal Health Assessment (PHA). Generally, employees at higher risk for certain medical conditions may be invited to individual Health Coaching. Those with lower risk will be invited to create personalized Health Action Plan (HAP).
Health Savings Account
Employees selecting the Account Based Health Plan and who qualify under IRS rules may also contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) with pre-tax dollars up to the maximum annual IRS limit. The HSA is used to pay for eligible healthcare expenses such as deductibles, copays, vision and dental care. Any balance in the account at the end of the plan year will roll over to the next year, allowing the account holder to accumulate money on a pre-tax basis to offset medical expenses in the future.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees can save money by contributing to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) up to the maximum annual IRS limit with pre-tax dollars.
- The Healthcare FSA can be used for eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses such as deductibles, copays, vision and dental care for individuals who select either of the PPO health plans.
- The Dependent Care FSA can be used for expenses such as daycare for children and/or senior dependents (regardless of the selection of your medical plan).
The balance in either a Healthcare or Dependent Care account does NOT roll over each year and must be used for expenses incurred within the same plan year.
A comprehensive dental PPO is offered which provides coverage for preventative and diagnostic dental services, basic services, major services, as well as adult and child orthodontia.
Our vision plan provides coverage for yearly eye exams and contact lenses or glasses and discounts on sunglasses and other eye health services.
- Short Term: The Short Term Disability (STD) plan provides income protection in the event an employee becomes ill, injured or pregnant and is unable to work for a short period of time. Our coverage insures payment of 60 percent of the employee’s base salary. Since the premiums are paid with post-tax dollars, benefit distributions are non-taxable. Certain rules apply (including pre-existing condition exclusions), so be sure to check with the facility human resources representative for more detailed information.
- Long Term: Employees may choose from three Long Term Disability (LTD) income protection plans which cover either 50 percent, 60 percent or 66 2/3 percent of their base salary (subject to maximum limits and duration) if the employee is disabled due to illness, injury or pregnancy. As with the STD plan, premiums are paid with post tax dollars, therefore benefit distributions are non-taxable, closing the gap between the benefit distribution and spendable income before the disability. Coverage is subject to pre-existing conditions, an elimination period and income offsets such as social security.
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment The facility provides Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance equal to the employee’s annual base salary (subject to maximum limits) at no cost to full-time employees working 32 or more hours per week.
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Employees may purchase additional supplemental life insurance up to seven times their annual base salary or to a maximum of $2.5 million, whichever is less (subject to evidence of insurability). Supplemental AD&D insurance is also available up to ten times annual base salary or $2.5 million, whichever is less.
- Spouse Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Employees may purchase life insurance on their spouse up to $150,000 (subject to evidence of insurability). Spouse AD&D is available up to $500,000.
- Child Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Employees may purchase life insurance on their children up to $10,000 each and AD&D up to $50,000.
Retirement & Financial Planning
401(K) Retirement Plan Available to employees after six months of service, employees choose from several investment options making contributions with pre-tax dollars, thus reducing their taxable income. As part of the discretionary match program, Capella may match a specific portion of an employee’s salary deferral contributions each plan year. When a discretionary match is made, it will be funded once per year, after the close of the plan year and audits are completed.
Other Key Benefits
Employee Assistance Program and Work Life Services Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) and Work Life Services are provided at no additional cost to the employee, offering many confidential resources to both employees and those in their household on a wide array of issues including:
- Unlimited telephonic counseling and up to three face to face visits with a counselor for issues such as emotional problems, substance dependency, stress, anxiety, depression, family/marriage problems, etc.
- Financial Information and Resources
- Legal Information and Consultation
- Tips for disaster planning
- Work/Life Balance counselors assist with day to day challenges such as finding apartments for college students, dependent care providers, camps or schools for children, repair services on weekends and a host of other services to make your life easier.
Travel Assistance Program
24/7/365 travel assistance is available when you are traveling internationally or long distances for medical services, travel services, safety concerns and financial services.
Beneficiary Support Services
In the event of the loss of a loved one, this service provides telephonic grief counseling, face to face grief counseling and consultation, memorial planning assistance, etc.
Several discount programs are offered to employees including:
- Up to a 22% discount for cell phone service through AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
- AAA membership
- Dell Computers
- Tickets at Work for discounted tickets to theme parks, attractions, shows, movies, etc.
- Corporate Shopping discounts for over 100 online retailers