Since the moment we opened our doors in 1985, MultiCare Capital Medical Center has been on a mission to improve the lives of our community by providing high-quality patient care. Today, MultiCare Capital Medical Center is a unique community-based health care system with a reputation for compassion and integrity.
As a 107-bed hospital, Capital serves patients from throughout the South Sound and provides care in more than 20 specialties and subspecialties. Our medical staff works as a team with our 700 employees in caring for approximately 5,000 inpatients and 25,000 outpatients a year.
Mission, Vision & Values
Partnering for healing and a healthy future.
MultiCare will be the Pacific Northwest’s highest value system of health.
Our values serve as our guiding principles and impact every aspect of our organization, including how we provide patient care and what we expect from each other. Every decision at MultiCare will be made through the prism of our values.
- Respect: We affirm the dignity of each person and treat each individual with care and compassion.
- Integrity: We speak and act honestly to build trust.
- Stewardship: We develop, use and preserve our resources for the benefit of our customers and community
- Excellence: We hold ourselves accountable to excel in quality of care, personal competence and operational performance.
- Collaboration: We work together recognizing that the power of our combined efforts will exceed what we can accomplish individually.
- Kindness: We always treat everyone we come into contact with as we would want to be treated.